Teeth are tools used to process food when we eat. With teeth, we can bite, cut, chew, tear, and refine the food we eat. The process and way the tooth works is called mechanically digesting food. Read More info about teeth only on https://www.dentistfontana.com/
Teeth serve to chew food to be smooth. This greatly helps the performance of enzymes to digest food quickly and efficiently.
A. Various Forms of Human Teeth and Their Functions
Human teeth are distinguished into 4 kinds of teeth that are found in the mouth based on their shape. Various human teeth and their functions are as follows…
- Dentures (identis insisivus) are teeth consisting of one root that serves to cut and harden food or other objects. The serial teeth are on the front with an upright shape and sharp edges. Like a shovel or a tatah.
- Canines (identis kaninus) are teeth that consist of one root that serves to tear apart food or other objects. The shape of the canines is tall and spiky.
- The front molars (pramolar) are teeth consisting of two roots that serve to grind and chew food or other objects. The shape of the front teeth is lower and more even with small lumps.
- The molar is a tooth consisting of three roots that serve to crush, crush, smooth and chew food or other objects.
B. Dental Parts
Structurally, the anatomy of the teeth is composed of the top of the parts among others as follows.
- Crown (Corona) : Makhkota gigi (corona or commonly called the top of the tooth that is the visible part of the outside. Each type has a different shape of crown of teeth.
- Neck of teeth (Column) : The neck of the tooth (column) is the part of the tooth that is inside the protected gums and is the boundary between the crown and the root of the tooth.
- Root (Radiks) : The root of the tooth is a tooth that is inside the jaw and embedded. The root of the tooth is stuck in the jawbone with the number of one or two.