In this article, I want to share my knowledge about freight services company.
We start from its definition.
Freight services company is a company engaged in the delivery service of goods. As we know, the delivery of goods occurs because of the need to deliver goods from one place to another. Usually delivery of goods occurs due to the following:
· Buy and sell transactions such as sending medical equipment already purchased.
· To fill the needs of goods in other locations such as bank ATM installation.
To move items from one place to another is required a method. Some methods used to move goods from one place to another include:
· Transfer of goods with the assistance of human
· Transfer of goods with the help of tools or technology created by humans, such as carts, cars, trucks.
The tool to move the goods from one place to another is called transportation.
While the transfer media of goods can be by land, sea or air. Whether it is a city, between cities and between countries.
Then why people need freight services
The transportation tools are very limited in nature. Therefore it takes a third party to help carry out the transfer of the goods, and the delivery service comes.
In choosing a freight service company, usually service users will choose the company delivery goods with the following criteria:
1. Company’s credibility, whether the company has legality as a business entity. Whether the goods delivery service company to be selected has a clear address.
2. Whether the company can deliver the goods to the destination city we want
3. Has competitive rates
4. Delivery time that corresponds to the expectation.
5. It can get freight status information easily.
In addition to that from the service, the user side must ensure what services are needed to deliver our goods. Some service needs are required by the service users, among others:
1. What services are needed:
Port to Port, delivery of goods from a terminal (airport, port, station) to other terminals
Port to Door, delivery of goods from the terminal (airport, port, station) to the service user, can be from the warehouse, factory
Door to Door, delivery of goods from the place of service users, can be from the warehouse, factory to the desired destination
Door to Port, delivery of goods from the place of service users, can be from the warehouse, factory to the terminal (airport, station, Port)
2. the goods loaded require special handling, such as requiring a special tool to do the process of loading/unloading or also needed a special permit to carry the goods.
What’s the item that gets mailed to have high value, if its, you’d better have insurance for the stuff you sent those. You better read the premium insurance detail, so you can figure out what’s been cover by the insurance.… Read More...